I found this recipe on Our Life in the Kitchen over a year ago and it's one of my favorites. I had never had carbonara before, which is a pasta sauce based with bacon, eggs and cream, but I absolutely love it. I have adapted the recipe a bit to make it a little healthier and have substituted bacon instead of pancetta. I love the creaminess the egg creates in this dish. It's so simple, but so tasty. The roasted tomatoes also make this dish great.
Read full instructions on : ourlifeinthekitchen.com
- Fettucine, a pound of dry or a couple of boxes of fresh or your own homemade.
- Pancetta, 3/4 pound
- Yellow or White Onion, 1 medium
- Garlic, 5 or 6 cloves
- Eggs, 3
- Cream, 1 1/2 cups
- Freshly Grated Parmesan, 1 cup
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes, 2 dozen or so